Friday 31 March 2017

Easter holidays

I hope you are having a great holiday.  I would love to hear about what you are up to.  Please write a report about what you have been up to.

Try to include-
1. Detailed descriptive sentences with adjectives and adverbs. (It was a cold, misty dark morning.)         You could also add a simile.
2.  Exclamation sentences- (What a wonderful day it was!)
3. Questions and speech- ("Do you want a turn?" Asked the man.)
4.Words with suffixes- (wonderful, hopeless)
5. Correct tense  (walked, clapped)
6. Headings and subheadings
7. Commas in a list
8. Capital letters and full stops

Here is an example:

                                                       My Wonderful Holiday

Visiting Family
Late Monday evening  I travelled to Bristol, to see my family.  Early Tuesday morning, I woke up to see my cheeky little nephew Monty.  He has just started to crawl and his favourite thing to do is play hide and seek.  He sneakily peaked out from behind the large sofa like a little meerkat peaking out of the sand. I chased him and he collapsed in a helpless fit of giggles.  What a funny boy he is!  What will he be doing next time I visit?

Trip to the cinema
On Thursday evening I went to the cinema with my friend Erin. She is a dance teacher and loves anything to do dancing and singing.  We decided to see Beauty and the Beast.  I was very excited as it is one of my favourite stories. "Shall we get some snacks?" I asked her.  We decided to share a crunchy popcorn,delicious sweets, ice-cream and a large fizzy drink.  How fantastic this will be! I thought to myself and I was not dissapointed.


4 comments:

  1. Tasnim (Great Fire)5 April 2017 at 02:58

    My Exciting Easter Holiday

    Trip to the Park: On the first few days of the holidays I went to the park. I was cycling on my bike. After a while I got tired so I went to play on the swings. My dad pushed me as high as a tree. I also went on the small yellow slide and a see-saw. When we went home my mum gave me, my brother and my sister some ice-cream. It was very tasty and chocolaty.

    Visiting Family: On Tuesday 4th April, I went to my cousin’s house. I played with my nephew, Akib. We had so much fun! After playing we watched a little bit of TV. Then I had rice with kebab and dhal. It was so delicious! We played with Akib’s toy cars. At first he didn’t want to share with me but later he did. Finally we had some sweets and it was time to go home. What will we do next time I visit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great Tasnim you have included some varied sentences including exclamations, questions and similes. Sounds like you are having a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the Easter holidays I went to Switzerland with my superb family.Since we had a early flight to catch, I had to wake up really early.Our taxi arrived which took us to the London Luton Airport.It took two hours long to get there!Eventually,we boarded the flight and reached Geneva International Airport.Then we quickly took a train to Bern City and that took two hours.I was enjoying the beautiful view from the window.Finaly we reached Bern City Then A bus took us to Ibis Styles hotel . Soon we checked in and the lady at reception gave me and my sister Chocolate Easter bunnies.We walked to our room and took rest.After some time we explored the city of amazing Bern.
    On the second day of our trip we went to the Top of Europe.What fun we had there! There was an ice palace and it was really slippery that i slipped 3 times.The next thing we saw was a HUGE snow globe and we took a photograph with it.Soon we went to a room where we changed into swiss costumes and got clicked.Happily the most fun part of the trip happened!We went outside to the snow and i built a snowman with my sister and we had a snowfight. I enjoyed a lot.

    On the next day we went to Titlis . After that i went to the cable car.I had fun in the snow again there was a bridge that went into the clouds and it was a moving bridge.I didin't go on it because it was under ten. A few hours later we went to a waterfall it was a dark and scary cave with water drippings I was scared in the cave so we went out then we took two trains home to Bern City as we got home i changed into are pajamas and went to bed.
    On the last day we were going to London but first we explored Genava.There was a huge fountain in the Geneva Lake also there was a huge chair but only had 3 legs. At 4.30 PM we went to the airport
    and got onto the flight then we reached London and we went straight home.What a tiering week!

    ReplyDelete